The Optionis Group is one of the UK’s most successful professional services companies, and we are looking for a Trainee Accountant to join our growing team.
Through our brands, we specialise in managing tax, employment, accountancy and legislative compliance for the UK’s small businesses and contingent workforce – our solutions are market leading, and we’re always looking out for the best possible employees.
As a Trainee Accountant, you will join our Nixon Williams business which has been providing specialist accountancy services for over 20 years. You’ll be primarily responsible for acting as a point of contact for your clients, building strong relationships with them and providing them with advice and guidance on a variety of matters.
The key responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a point of contact for clients.
- Managing your own individual client base.
- Providing advice and guidance to clients on TAX and VAT matters.
- Establishing strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- Must have an understanding of Accountancy practices and the challenges they can face.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accuracy & attention to detail.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Competent in the use of Excel, Word, and E-mail.
- Ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- A to C grade GCSE’s in English and Mathematics.
- Detailed knowledge of HMRC guidelines.
- Knowledge of Digital software packages.
- Knowledge of Sage Payroll.
- Ideally qualified to AAT/ATT L2/QBE or the equivalent Accountancy qualification.